Welcome current students! As you journey through the VolsTeach program, make frequent stops on this page for the latest information about VolsTeach courses, upcoming events, scholarships, internships, job opportunities, and more.
Meeting Dates: Volunteachers Spring 2015 Meeting Times
(all meetings are Mondays 3:30-4:30)
- February 16th, 2015
- March 23rd, 2015
- April TBA – COOK-OUT
Noyce Scholarship Application Now Available
The UTK VolsTeach Program seeks to identify outstanding future teachers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines that are participating in the VolsTeach Program for receipt of Noyce Scholarships. Interested candidates that meet the qualifications listed in the application are welcome to apply. Information about the scholarship and candidate qualifications can be found at Noyce Scholarship Information. If you have any questions, please contact Jada Russell at email@example.com directly.
- hands on teaching experience in your first semester of the program
- small-size classes with personalized attention from professors
- exclusive internship and scholarship opportunities during summer, fall, and spring terms
- access to a dedicated student workroom, resource library, and commons group area
- academic coaches who provide guidance to help keep students on track
The Tennessee Department of Education endorses the VolsTeach program to prepare highly qualified teachers to meet state and federal guidelines.
Teacher Education Admission Requirements:
- Minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA, major 2.5 GPA
- Passing a hearing and speech screening
- Successful completion of a background check
- Minimum ACT 22 or R-SAT 1020 score or complete Praxis/CORE exam
- Minimum of 45 credit hours
- Math Majors: Math 141,142, and 6 credit hours of 200-level math
- Science Majors: 8 credit hours of lab natural science
- Students must maintain these standards once admitted.
These requirements must be completed before Project-Based Instruction.