Welcome current students!
As you journey through the VolsTeach program, make frequent stops on this page for the latest information about VolsTeach courses, upcoming events, scholarships, job opportunities, and more.
VolunTeachers is the student organization for VolsTeach at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Open to all VolsTeach students.
VolunTeachers Officers for the 2016-2017 academic year
Brent L. and Rachel W. Trentham Endowed Scholarship
The Brent L. and Rachel W. Trentham Endowed Scholarship, established in 2013, recognizes and awards a VolsTeach student who has demonstrated high-quality math teaching skills and commitment to the education profession. Brent and Rachel Trentham are alumi of the University of Tennessee. These are our previous scholarship recipients:
Stringer, Thompson, Taylor, Richardson, Cox Endowed Scholarship
This endowment was established by Jeanne and Neal Richardson, UT Knoxville alumni, to support those students who show high academic performance and are planning to teach science. The name given to this scholarship honors four generations of Jeanne’s family and the positive influence they shared about the importance of good education.
Noyce Scholarship Recipient
Kirsten Salonga is the recipient for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Hands on teaching experience in your first semester of the program
- Small-size classes with personalized attention from professors
- Access to a dedicated student workroom, resource library, and commons group area
- Academic coaches who provide guidance to help keep students on track
The Tennessee Department of Education endorses the VolsTeach program to prepare highly qualified teachers to meet state and federal guidelines.
Teacher Education Admission Requirements:
- Minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA, major 2.5 GPA
- Passing a hearing and speech screening
- Successful completion of a background check
- Minimum ACT 22 or R-SAT 1020 score or complete Praxis/CORE exam
- Minimum of 45 credit hours
- Math Majors: Math 141,142, and 6 credit hours of 200-level math
- Science Majors: 8 credit hours of lab natural science
- Students must maintain these standards once admitted.
These requirements must be completed before Project-Based Instruction.
For the complete process and all steps for admission to Teacher Education, students will need to contact the Office of Advising and Student Services.(http://ehhsstudentservices.utk.edu/staff-2/).