As you journey through the VolsTeach program, make frequent stops on this page for the latest information about VolsTeach courses, upcoming events, scholarships, job opportunities, and more.
VolunTeachers is the student organization for VolsTeach at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Open to all VolsTeach students.
Cassie Householder, President of Volunteachers represented VolsTeach at the Student Engagement event on Ped Walkway 1/19/18 to welcome students back for the spring semester. Despite the frigid temperatures, Cassie had the opportunity to talk to a lot of students about the VolsTeach program. Follow the Volunteachers on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VolunTeachers?hc_location=stream
- Hands on teaching experience in your first semester of the program
- Small-size classes with personalized attention from professors
- Access to a dedicated student workroom, resource library, and commons group area
- Academic coaches who provide guidance to help keep students on track
The Tennessee Department of Education endorses the VolsTeach program to prepare highly qualified teachers to meet state and federal guidelines.
Teacher Education Admission Requirements:
- Minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA, major 2.5 GPA
- Successful completion of a background check
- Minimum ACT 22 or R-SAT 1020 score or complete Praxis/CORE exam
- Minimum of 45 credit hours
- Math Majors: Math 141,142, and 6 credit hours of 200-level math
- Science Majors: 8 credit hours of lab natural science
- Students must maintain these standards once admitted.
These requirements must be completed before Project-Based Instruction.
For the Teacher Ed application click here
For the complete process and all steps for admission to Teacher Education, students will need to contact the Office of Advising and Student Services.(http://ehhsstudentservices.utk.edu/staff-2/).
Brent L. and Rachel W. Trentham Endowed Scholarship: Apply here.
Stringer-Thompson-Taylor-Richardson-Cox Endowed Scholarship: Apply here.
Math Departmental Scholarships: Apply here.
College of Education, Health & Human Sciences Scholarships: Apply here.
Deadline to apply for scholarships is March 1, 2019
Speak with a VolsTeach faculty member about these scholarship opportunities.